“Life requires three things – Books, Books & Books ” – Lev Tolstoy.
From the very beginning an accumulation of books was set up in the premises of Baranagore Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama and its formal name was Vivekananda Sishu Pathagar. Sri Jayanta Roy, a teacher of the die Ashrama High School carried out the responsibility of the librarian. The members and readers of die then library where only the students of the Ashrama High School. Vivekananda Sishu Pathagar got the Government recognition in 1958 and it was rechristened as a Ramakrishna Mission Area Library. Now anyone can be its member. At present the number of books in the Ramakrishna Mission Area Library is 17910. Besides there are 11 monthly periodicals and one daily newspaper.