“Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man” – Swami Vivekananda.
Baranagore Ramakrishna Mission is the metamorphosis of the Brahmananda Balakashrama of the 20th Century. The primary school of the Ashrama sets up in 1934 gradually developed in the Middle English School and Lower Secondary School. In 1954 the school became a secondary school and in 1958 a multipurpose Higher Secondary School. Since 1976.the school has been enjoying the status of a Government Recognized Madhyamik School as the Ashrama administration has opted so.
The high school of Baranagore Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama is today one of the most reputed schools of North Kolkata as well as of West Bengal. Shri Amitava Bagchi in 1961 and Shri Suman Karmakar in 1999 obtained the first position in the merit list of the state in Madhyamik Examination. Each and every candidate passed in first division in the Madhyamik Examinatioin in 2000, 2002, 2003 and 2005-2008.
At present education is being imparted in the school through Bengali Medium to the students of 5th to 10th standard. There are five sections in each of the classes from V-VIII and in IX and X there are four sections each. In the present session (2009-2010) the total number of students is 1287.